So we at Vida are simply in love with New York. In case you didn’t know that already. Our matchmakers there are always on the lookout for new clients and potential matches in the concrete jungle, city of lights, city that never sleeps, and where dreams are made. So much diversity brings this city alive all day and all through the night. We know dating and we certainly know New York matchmaking. Are you struggling to meet Mr or Mrs Right in the New York area? Vida has a growing reputation as one of New York’s most unique and exclusive matchmaking agencies. We’ll match you up with like-minded singles, intelligent individuals who have the same passions in life, and if you are an international traveler, worry not, we’ll make sure to find you someone who is also as keen on jet-setting as you. Why not enjoy travel adventure? Its much more fun with two.
New York is full of single people, many of whom are hoping to meet someone special and settle down. Our dating experiences in NY have been wide ranging and always colourful! With such a vast array of personalities, beautiful yet unique, striking people, we have been swept off our feet on many occasions. There is a lot of love and passion in NY and individuals that are looking for the “one” and not willing to settle for anything less, and not afraid to express themselves. Vida’s New York Matchmaking Consultants have been there, done that. They have taken part in speed dating, blind dates and dipped into online dating. Every experience is different, as will yours be and we understand the need to ensure our clients’ expectations, demands and ‘must-haves lists’ are ticked. There is an openness and directness of the New York scene and people. Life moves quickly in New York and if you want something it must be acted upon or it is gone.
So we can help you make the dating process simpler, cut out time wasted sifting through potential partners, and set you up in New York matchmaking bliss.
Contact our US consultants who will be happy to arrange an appointment to help you secure that future love of your life. In the meantime check out our review of romantic dating ideas in New York city, come rain or shine.
Cosy up in the dark Fall and Winter evenings
- International Hotel at 1 Central Park West is stunning and a favourite of many celebrities because of its discreet small lobby but enormous rooms with the best views of Manhattan and Central Park. 55 inch TV’s in bedroom and living room.
- Drinks in a New York institution of the “tony” Upper East Side is without a doubt the Bemelmans Bar at the Carlyle Hotel. On a cold winter night it simply oozes with style and is perfection for conversation with the light tinkle of piano music and cosy romance. Monday nights you can catch Woody Allen playing the clarinet in the Café Carlyle.
- Monday nights – the best kept secret in town is at Birdland. Jim Caruso hosts Cast Party at 9pm with open mike usually strewn with stars who love to drop in. With Jim’s caustic wit, it’s an astonishing treat not to be missed on 44th between 8th & 9th.
- The Waverley Inn & Garden is wonderful for brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
- Lunch or dinner at the Lion also Greenwich Village.
- For a jeans and leather jacket night in the cool East Village, the American cuisine, cool vibe at Saxon and Parole will fit the bill.
- Soul Cycle love and welcome visitors. With locations all over the city, you must book, show up in your work out gear, they take care of the bike shoes, towels and a class that is pure rock and roll. Be prepared to sweat, shout and holler your way through the best work out ever.
- If the cold wind whipping around that corner makes you want to take shelter to re-group, head to Podunk at 231 East 5th Street in Noho for a country home environment of warmth and the best afternoon tea in town.
Music and walks in the Springtime and Summer months
- Battery Park is nice for a little stroll; it is one of the more scenic but also less crowded parks in the city, downtown in the Financial District. If you’re feeling more adventurous, you could also set up a picnic lunch to dine in the park. http://www.thebattery.org/
- The Annual Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governor’s Island every June. There is a ferry that ushers people to and from Manhattan to the island, and it’s pretty awesome. $35 if tickets are purchased the day of the event. It goes from 11am-5pm and there’s info here: http://www.jazzagelawnparty.com/ There’s so many great outfits to look at that they could be super amused the entire time and just the scene can fill any awkward silences/give great conversation fodder!
- Brooklyn Flea Market is in Fort Greene, a lot of fun, with great food options! Starts at 10 and goes into the evening. http://www.brooklynflea.com/
- NYC Summerstreets is the last day this summer where the city closes the streets to traffic from Chinatown to the Upper East Side. There’s crazy performances along the route. http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/summerstreets/html/home/home.shtml
- The High Line! It’s also scenic and romantic at night and the Meatpacking District is full of hip bars and delicious food. http://www.timeout.com/newyork/parks/highline
- Roosevelt Park/Island is actually really pretty. Maybe taking the gondola over and having some coffee or tea. Mellow, pretty and surprisingly interesting. http://www.yelp.com/biz/roosevelt-island-new-york
- 2 great day time activities: a nice little stroll along the highline (beautiful raised gardens along the old railroad tracks along the westside) or going to governors island for the jazz age lawn party. Bring a picnic and sit out on the lawn. People are beautiful and it’s lovely. http://www.thehighline.org/
- The Met is lovely to visit on a Saturday night you want something quieter. It stays open until 9pm so it’s perfect if you’re not feeling like a long date.
The beauty of seeking the help of a bespoke, New York matchmaking service, is that we can go that extra mile, making recommendations and helping to book the best dating venues.