As they say, you are what you eat, and the same thing goes for what you wear. The first impression is everything, whether it’s for a job interview, meeting a client or dressing for a first date, what you wear says a lot about you. Dressing for the occasion is essential, it’s important to find your happy balance with the right color for your skin tone and right cut for your silhouette.
I recently had a client that started getting back into the dating scene and she specifically hired me to put outfits together for her. One of the things she found challenging when getting ready for dates, is leaving directly after work and going on a date, meaning she wouldn’t have time to change. She wanted to know how to transition her look from daytime to evening, while still dressing appropriately for work. Here are some easy transitional pieces that can get you ready for a night out!
Tip 1 – If you’re wearing all black, before you leave the house pack a pair of fun heels
Tip 2 – Add a red lip or a bit darker lip color for an evening look
Tip 3 – Trade in your blazer for a leather bomber, it makes everything looks a little cooler
Tip 4 – Pair a statement bracelet or necklace to elevate your look
RULES TO DRESSING ON THE FIRST DATE:
- Never show too much skin, you want to send the right message and revealing all your goods, leaves no mystery! Find your happy balance, either do a bit of cleavage with a pair of jeans or show a little leg with a less revealing top.
- Wear a color that brings out your eyes or an understated print that doesn’t take the attention away from you. Remember you wear the outfit, the outfit never wears you.
- You always want to dress for the occasion, it’s best to go simple with the outfit and add a statement piece of jewelry.
- Wear your favorite color it will automatically be a confidence booster!
- Keep it simple
- Pay attention to detail, we see everything and that starts with ironing your shirt.
- Wear a fun accessory, it can be an icebreaker and also a conversation starter.
FINAL TIP: “BE CONFIDENT! There’s nothing sexier”
Vida Member Offer: Complimentary 30-minute consultations for all Vida Members – quote VIDAPB (all consultations can take place in-person, video or phone call).
For more information on my services , visit my website by clicking here or send me an email to – email@example.com