As London lockdown* takes on a new layer (or Tier) of complexity, Vida’s members have been pinging their dedicated matchmakers to seek advice on ‘outdoor terrace dating’. I jumped straight on the phone to Amber at Ellidore (Vida’s trusted concierge partner), who whipped up a list in no time and together we worked on our top 10 recommendations for outdoor dining in London.
- Petersham Nurseries – Richmond – If you’re looking for tranquillity and an escape from the city in just a short drive, Petersham Nurseries will treat you to world-class cuisine, set amongst garden pots bursting with greenery that turn your evening into something that feels oh so Jane Austen. This is my personal fav!
- Stanleys – Chelsea – Stanleys’ secret garden is Amber’s top recommendation. This Chelsea haunt has a real touch on British produce, making it a fantastic neighbourhood pop in, with a relaxed yet still glamorous feel. And Bluebird is nearby to finish the evening with cocktails and their amazing chocolate desert!
- Santini – Belgravia – For 32 years Santini has been the go-to Italian restaurant in central London and their outdoor terrace make it a perfect Tier 2 Date Spot. If you want to be assured of the very best cuisine that’s complimented by attentive but unobtrusive service, it’s not to be missed. The lobster spaghetti is divine, and the veal Milanese is magnifico!
- Hush – Mayfair – I had dinner here very recently (whilst in Tier 2). Highly recommend! Hush has extended its terrace, so it’s bigger than normal and when sat amongst the flowers, heaters, and under the parasol, it felt like I was in a cosy yet safe oasis. Service was excellent and the food was as delicious as always. Top tip – ask for a table to the right of the terrace for a bit more privacy.
- Boundary Rooftop – Shoreditch – Inspired by the Alpine regions, this winter wonderland rooftop is the perfect spot for warming cocktails and melted cheese next to a toasty fire pit and sheepskin rugs – what more could you want?!
- Angler – Finsbury – The City’s hidden gem for those seafood lovers, this restaurant may be on the top floor of the South Place hotel but feels very much like its own establishment with a bright personality and colourful dishes.
- Kricket – White City – Kricket’s edgy East-meets-West vibe makes it perfectly suited to its latest destination, set against a backdrop of the Television studios. It’s Asian-inspired menu and sharing plates make it an ideal date-spot for couples who seek a bit of um, spice.
- Granary Square Brasserie – Kings Cross – One of North London’s best outdoor spots has to be Granary Square Brasserie, unsurprisingly located in the middle of Granary Square itself. With a heated outdoor terrace, where you can snuggle under a blanket, enjoy classic British cuisine with a selection of dishes from around the world. They are open every day; however, their weekend Brunch Menu is highly recommended.
- Plateau – Canary Wharf – Think tranquillity amidst the Wharf concrete jungle. Overlooking the iconic Canada Square Tower, enjoy Plateau’s heated outdoor terrace where you can sample some exquisite French cuisine. They’ve recently teamed up with Botanist Gin to bring you a Forest Bar with a tantalizing selection of five gin autumnal cocktails for a pre-dinner beverage.
- Seabird – Southwark – Seabird never disappoints with an impressive marble bar, sprawling city views, and not to forget it has London’s longest oyster list, this seafood restaurant was born to be a Date Spot.
If this list of recommendations doesn’t quite whet your appetite, contact us for further recommendations (email@example.com).
Vida Private Members receive 1 year’s complimentary membership with Ellidore, so between our matchmaking team and Ellidore, we’ll point you in the right direction of a blissful Date Spot.
Vida Open Members receive Date Spot recommendations through our monthly newsletter. If you’d like to receive it, subscribe here! And if you’d like to find out more about Vida’s Private Membership service, please contact our Head of Membership, Tory Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Vida is committed to keeping our members safe. Please refer to your Government website for guidance on relevant rules in your local town/city.